An experienced and qualified Procurement professional with over 28 years of knowledge beginning his Procurement life with Southampton and South West Hampshire Health Authority as a Buyer in 1986 developing through to a Purchasing Supervisor experiencing and undertaking all aspects of Procurement, Stores and Supply Chain within the NHS. In 1996 he moved into the role of Customer Care Manager for NHS Supplies where he remained until 1999 before taking an opportunity to move and take up a post in University Hospital Southampton (UHS) as Head of Procurement. In February 2004 he was appointed to the role of Director of Procurement and Commercial Services for the Solent Supplies Team, a collaborative Procurement organisation based in Hampshire serving the local population of Hampshire including the South Coast, London and the IOW. NHS South of England took the old organisation to a different level in April 2013.
- Qualified MCIPS
- One of the first in the South West to introduce the NHS Standard Contract with care homes in Somerset
- Engaged in routine Contract Management of providers across Somerset
- Managed the payment of 300+ invoices on a monthly basis
- Local Market Management, included provider engagement events on aspects of the contract
- Assisting local CCGs with pre-procurement work, for example market assessments
- Spend Analysis, eSourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Business Transformation and Stakeholder Engagement
- Highly respected mentor and professional coach
- NHS Procurement Expert
- Public and Private Sector procurement knowledge
Alan is currently involved on a National basis supporting DOH, HCSA and a number of CSUs and CCGs including NHS England and Health Education England in addition to the extensive experience he has gained with organisations in Hampshire and the surrounding areas.