Carol has 6 years experience working within the NHS. Carol joined South of England Procurement Services (formerly Solent Supplies Team) in 2008 initially managing the Capital Equipment Team, before leading the IOW Client Team handling all purchasing and supply activity for St Mary’s Hospital, IOW. She moved on secondment to the Commissioning arm of SoEPS in 2012, becoming a permanent member of the team one year later. At the Ministry of Defence (MOD), Carol spent most of her time as a Category Manager for pharmaceutical, dental and medical gas consumables provision and was a member of the task force that implemented Just-in-Time contracts that netted an annual saving of £22m.
- NHS PASA Leadership Programme Cohort 2009
- PRINCE2 Foundation Level
- Six Years with the MOD as Category Manager, Contracts Manager, Commercial Officer and Inventory Management Analyst.
- Seventeen years in Local Government, fourteen in a Dorset College as Academic Registrar and then Cross College Information Officer
- Self Employed Administrator with client requirements ranging from bookkeeping, office management, credit control & VAT processing
- Purchasing & Supply
- Supply Chain
- Category Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Organisation Skills
- Team Leadership
- Multi Discipline Stakeholder Engagement & Training
- Team Working
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Carol has worked on major procurements such as Out of Hours and Non-Emergency Patient Transport, with other smaller scale projects including Diagnostic Services and various community based support services. Her next major procurement will involve St Mary’s Treatment Centre in Portsmouth.
- Successful management of several NHS collaborative projects across Hampshire,
- Commendation for work on combining pan MoD gas supply contracts to foster savings, alignment of processes and streamlining of the supply chain.