Jackie Pomroy, Head of Supply Chain at NHS South of England Procurement Services will take over from Dr Virginia Minogue, Research lead Commissioning Strategy Directorate NHS England
GS1 UK are pleased to announce that Jackie Pomroy will be taking over as Chair from October this year. Jackie follows in the footsteps of Dr Virginia Minogue who’ll be stepping down as her current role in NHS England comes to an end. Jackie has been working with GS1, MHRA and numerous suppliers since 2012 – encouraging suppliers to the NHS to engage and implement GS1 standards. This puts her in a great position to take over from the invaluable role Virginia has played in the HUG.
We’d like to thank Virginia for her time and dedication to the group and we look forward to continuing its great work with Jackie as Chair.
Date: October 16, 2017
Healthcare User Group
Driving understanding and best-practice application of GS1 standards across the healthcare industry
The Healthcare User Group (HUG) is made up of invited senior representatives from healthcare trade associations, providers, suppliers, solution and service companies and other related organisations. The group is chaired by Jackie Pomroy, from NHS South of England Procurement Services
The objectives of the group are:
- To actively support and accelerate the adoption of GS1 standards throughout healthcare, by sharing learnings and best-practice solutions from local implementations
- To help healthcare providers comply with Unique Device Identification (UDI) and Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) regulations
- To identify and review opportunities that enhance efficiency and patient safety
- To provide feedback and advice on GS1 UK’s healthcare plans and activity
- To act as the UK point of contact for the GS1 Global Healthcare Group, and to provide feedback to the GS1 Global Standards Management Process
The group delivers:
- Education, advice and news on how best to implement GS1 standards across the UK healthcare sector, achieving optimal value for the NHS in terms of efficiency and patient safety
- Implementation support and compliance guidance for UDI and FMD regulations
Jackie Pomroy, Head of Supply Chain, NHS South of England Procurement Services (HUG Chair)
Barry Frostick, Programme Head at NHS Digital – ?NHS Digital
Andy Crosbie, Head of Biosciences and Implants Unit Head at MHRA Devices Division
Judie Finesilver, eBusiness Pharmacist, Commercial Medicines Unit, Department of Health
Jo Goulding, Business Lead, Pharmacy Terminology, NHS Digital
Hugh Hamer, Managing Director, Williams Medical Supplies
Jane Hawkes, Head of Procurement and Supplies, North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
David Lawson, Head of Procurement at Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust
Andrew Raynes, IT Programme Director at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Glen Hodgson, Head of Healthcare, GS1 UK
Claire Clarke, HUG Facilitator, Engagement Manager – Healthcare, GS1 UK
Want to know more?
For more information contact Claire Clarke at GS1 UK.