After joining Solent Supplies from Garmin in 2008 he has continually progressed from Assistant Procurement Negotiator through to Procurement Manager in the Provider Team, before gaining a year’s experience working in the commissioning team with the CCGs and NHS England, and then 2 years’ experience at University Hospital Southampton. Steve has now come back to his spiritual home in deepest darkest Hedge End! Steve is currently leading and supporting the Provider team to try and make the Provider Trusts’ aspirational saving dreams a reality, as well as leading on a few high profile projects.
- BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology
- MCIPS qualified
- Worked in Provider and Purchased Healthcare Teams
- Has managed categories across most of the Acute sector (clinical, non-clinical and services), now overseeing the Provider Team.
- Worked with the CSU, CCGs and NHS England to purchase services Hampshire and London wide.
- PSD Accreditation Lead
- SPP Lead
- Procurement strategy
- Strategic analysis
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU Procurement legislation
- National Framework utilisation
- Strong analytical skills
- IT skills
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Product, service and healthcare experience
- Procurement lead for a pan-London GP Services tender and a range of pan-Hampshire clinical services.
- Previously category lead for Cardiology, Radiology, Cancer, Renal, Respiratory, Ophthalmology, Dietetics for Portsmouth, IOW and University Hospital Southampton.
- Lead on major capital projects such as MRI machines, linear accelerators, ultrasound machines, HD machines, x-ray machines, CT machines.
- Currently team lead for Portsmouth and IOW Hospitals.