Sara has a track record of achieving savings targets and identifying procurement solutions to achieve project goals. Sara is both a qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and PRINCE2 Project Management and has complete modules for an MBA in Strategic Procurement. Sara has a wealth of experience in managing procurement teams both from an operational and strategic perspective and has demonstrated the ability to deliver complex procurement projects ahead of time and engaging with multiple stakeholder groups.
Sara joined NHS Procurement in 1997, initially specialising in tendering and contract management on behalf of Southampton and Winchester NHS. In 2005 she joined the Senior Management team at SoEPS and her clients have included, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight, Southern Health, Solent NHS, the Hampshire Primary Care Trusts and NHS London. Sara is currently Procurement Client Lead for Isle of Wight NHS Trust and Deputy Head of Procurement within the Provider Team. Sara has consistently managed teams in the delivery of ambitious savings and challenging service delivery targets. As a highly motivated individual she has embedded a client and category management approach and led on the development of structures and processes to deliver service improvements to clients. Sara has a high profile nationally having lead on collaborative multi million pound procurements with other NHS Trusts and other public sector bodies ,as well as providing professional support in the development of national frameworks and interaction and managing the relationship with Strategic Procurement Partners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive EU Procurement legislation knowledge
- Staff and team development
- Identifying opportunities and developing proactive work plans
- Contract management
- High level analytical skills to ensure a focused approach to savings delivery and value for money achieved across the local health economy
- Development of Procurement Strategy documents, policies and plans
- Procurement lead for the redevelopment of Portsmouth Hospitals in 2009, both on time and within budget, receiving the Chairman’s Outstanding Achievement award that year
- Flexed resources to enable the delivery of a variety of clinical and non medical procurement and enhanced services to clients
- Continuously developing service improvements and delivering best practice approaches at SoEPS