Paul has had over 20 years’ experience working within NHS Procurement. He joined the Procurement Team at the age of 17 working as a Supplies Assistant dealing with all aspects of warehouse stock control, from there Paul has continued to develop himself extensively in a variety of roles, from Information Technology Service Manager, Buyer, Supply Chain Coordinator, Inventory System Trainer and administrator, more recently promoted into the role of Deputy Supply Chain Manager, helping to develop and support the Supply Chain Team.
- Involved in managing over 30 supply chain staff across 6 locations, with a total inventory holding value of over 7 million.
- Inventory management and supply chain advisor.
- Evaluating and Implementing supply chain best practice for two NHS trusts.
- Inventory management system improvement/development and trainer.
- Extensive range of NHS ICT systems & applications.
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills.
- High level analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge & range of IT skills.
- Excellent time management & organisational skills.
- Team Player
- CIPS Qualified - Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- Inventory Management System roll out and training for all users.
- Heavily involved in LEAN and the consolidation of Supply Chain Services for Haslar, St Mary’s and Queen Alexandra Hospitals.
- Over 4 years experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision.
- Over 20 years experience within the NHS environment.
- Supply Chain service implementation at the Limes, at St James’ Hospital.